EVENTOS / EVENTS
WEB PAGE - 4/25/2010 5:51:09 PM
5 YEARS WALKING FOR PEACE
LETTERS FROM STUDENTS
MAKE A DONATION
MEDICINE FOR IRAQ
MEDICO POR IRAK
GALLERIA DE FOTOS
IRAQ MORATORIUM !!!!
DREAM ACT EN ESPAÑOL
ON THE DREAM ACT
5 YEARS OF LIES! 5 YEARS OF DEATH!
5 YEARS OF WAR! 5 YEARS OF BLOOD!
Are you tired of all
5 YEARS WALKING FOR PEACE!
March 25th to 28th
We will be walking between
High Schools, Military Recruiting Offices & Cemeteries
Tijuana to National City
Pt. Loma to Mission
Downtown San Diego
Demanding the return of the troops,
the exit of
military recruiters in the schools
and the end to the war in Iraq.
Tues. March 25 - Beginning at 8:00 AM
- Start at Palacio Municipal, Tijuana, MX
- Cross the border and continue on San Ysidro Blvd.
- Arrive at Beyer Blvd Trolley Station
- Take trolley to Civic Center Station in National City
- Walk to
E. Plaza Blvd., military recruitment offices at
Highland and E.Plaza Blvd..
- Continue to Sweetwater High School,
- Walk to La Vista Cemetery
Contact:Juan del Rio (619) 665-0538
Wed, March 26 - Beginning at 8:00 AM
- Start at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, San Diego (commemoration ceremony)
- Walk up Route 209 to Rosecrans Avenue
- Pass by NTC - Liberty Station
- Walk to MCRD - Barnett Gate
- Continue via Barnett St. to Old
Town Transit Center
- Continue up Rosecrans/East Mission Bay Drive
- Arrive at Mission Bay High School.
- Walk with the students to the
nearest military recruitment center.
Contact: Juan del Rio (619) 665-0538
Thurs, March 27 - Beginning at 7:00 AM
- Start at Cesar Chavez Breakfast, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego
- Walk thru downtown San Diego to the US
- Walk to San Diego City Hall
- Walk to State of
California Offices at Front/Ash
- Walk to the County of San Diego Offices
- Walk to San Diego High School
- Arrive at Cathedral of St.
Paul, 2728 Sixth Street
6;30 PM commemorative mass for Jesus Suarez del Solar (one of the first Latinos killed in Iraq War),
Peace Forum and Film will follow immediately.
Contact: Rev. Mary Moreno Richardson (619) 298-7261 x332
Fri, March 28 - Begining at 8:00 AM
- Start at Oak Hill Cemetary, Escondido (Commemoration of fifth year of death of Jesus
Suarez del Solar);
- Walk to Orange Glen High School
- Walk to Kit Carson Park to visit the Tree of Life, planted in Jesus’ memory.
Contact: Fernando Suarez del Solar (858) 774-0172