Visit the gallery of photos of the first day of the Iraq Moratorium in San Diego
The THIRD FRIDAY of every month beginning Friday September 21st
Join with millions to:
- Wear and distribute black ribbons and armbands
- Buy no gas on Moratorium days
- Pressure politicians and the media
- Hold vigils, pickets, rallies, and teach-ins
- Hold special religious services
- Coordinate events in music, art, and culture
- Host film showings, talks, and educational events
- Organize student actions: Teach-ins, school closings, etc.
The slow motion train wreck that is the occupation of Iraq grows more nightmarish by the day. In 2006 the American people voted to bring it to an end. But the political process is moving glacially at best. We must force the media and the politicians to recognize just how angry and how massive anti-war sentiment in this country has grown.
It's time for the Iraq Moratorium.
The Iraq Moratorium will be an escalating, monthly series of actions demanding an end to the war. Commencing Friday, September 21st and continuing the Third Friday of every month thereafter, we will make a break with business as usual.
If you think the Iraq Moratorium is a good idea - if you want to help build it and make it grow - please make a any donation. This is a bottom up movement. There are no fat cats, no corporate underwriters, no big foundation grants!